GIVING HOPE, CHANGING LIVES
Make a personal impact on a student by establishing or contributing to a scholarship through the PHSC Foundation. Every scholarship changes a life because of the opportunities it makes possible.
Scholarships help launch the careers of thousands of PHSC graduates and give hope to thousands more who never thought they could succeed or fulfill their dreams.
To find or apply for a scholarship, click HERE.
To help make scholarships possible:
- ESTABLISH AN ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND: Named Annual Scholarships can be created with a minimum donation of $1,300, and are typically awarded to students at $650 per semester. Annual scholarships make an immediate impact, but must be funded each year in order to be awarded to students. Annual Scholarships are recognized in the Foundation Annual Report and on the College website. See how scholarships are awarded at the bottom of this page.
- ESTABLISH AN ENDOWED SCHOLARSHIP FUND: Make a lasting impact on students in perpetuity by establishing an endowed scholarship. Endowments established with a $15,000 minimum contribution (which can be made over time), can provide annual scholarships through the interest and capital appreciation on the principal. Named Endowed Scholarships are recognized on the College website, the online scholarship system, the Scholarship Guidebook, and the Foundation Annual Report.
- GIVE TO THE GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP FUND: Your donations will be pooled with those of others to provide maximum impact for students in need. Use the form below, or mail a check to the PHSC Foundation, 10230 Ridge Rd. New Port Richey, FL 34683.
- GIVE TO A SPECIFIC PROGRAM: Click here for other funding needs of the College, including facility naming, disabilities services, faculty and staff development, technology and library resources, Art Gallery or Performing Arts Center, Student Veteran support, and more.
- SPONSOR AN EVENT: Some sponsorship levels for fundraising events include the ability to name an anual scholarship while receiving recognition at the event. Find out about the Bash at the Ranch, Fishing Tournament, Sporting Clays Tournament, Golf Tournament, and Performing Arts Series.
Find out more about how to make a planned gift to PHSC, or fill out the form below to make an immediate impact. Questions? Contact us at 727-816-3410, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW ARE SCHOLARSHIPS ESTABLISHED AND AWARDED?
When you establish a named annual or endowed scholarship, you can determine criteria for the student(s) selected, such as major, minimum GPA, county of residence, or financial need. You also can honor or memorialize a loved one, or showcase your support of education by naming the scholarship for a loved one or for your business. The PHSC Foundation will work with you to determine criteria that match your goals.
Scholarship recipients are matched through our online application process and selected by the College's Scholarship Committee, a cross-section of staff and faculty members. Donors will be notified in writing of the each semester's recipient. Scholarship donors are invited to attend our annual Heart of Gold Luncheon, where we celebrate donor impact, and you can meet scholarship recipients, or the Foundation can arrange a meeting with your scholarship student.
The Foundation has over 200 Endowed Scholarships and about 40 Annual Scholarship funds, which awarded over $900,000 in scholarships to nearly 900 students last year. However, the need in our communities continues to grow, as do the costs of tuition and fees. The average cost of tuition and books for a full-time student is more than $4,000 per year, and 70% of PHSC students require financial aid. Financial support can be the deciding factor in a student's ability to achieve the dream of higher education and a sustainable future.
Please contact us at 727-816-3410, or email@example.com for more information, or to get started setting up your fund.