The PHSC Foundation provides more than $1.2 million in support to Pasco-Hernando State College annually.
Reach for the Gold
The PHSC Foundation's Reach for the Gold Strategic Plan is in full implementation. Accomplishments to date include:
- Received the most donations in the Foundation’s 40-year history, over $3.55 million, including a gift from the late Michael J. and M. Frances Skarupa. Their $2.2 million bequest, the largest Foundation donation to date, funds both nursing scholarships and programmatic support.
- Initiated the Phi Theta Kappa Angel Fund with $50,000 goal to assist funding PHSC students PTK membership fees. Membership provides students access to scholarships, personal and professional development, networking and mentoring opportunities.
- Initiated a community challenge to help combat local health care professional shortages by establishing a Nursing Scholarship Challenge with a goal of generating $1 million in nursing scholarship funds. Resulted in the largest Foundation matching opportunity in Foundation history. The Hardy Board of Directors voted on July 20, 2019 to provide the Foundation with a gift of $430,000 to be used while continuing to raise matching funds for nursing scholarships.
- Continued to cultivate relationships and identify potential Eagle Board Members - members of the Foundation Board who would be key to increasing the Foundation's ability to acquire gifts and establish partnerships with the goal of significantly increasing the Foundation's current level of financial support to students and the College.
- Collaborated with Dr. Stanley Giannet, Vice President of Academic Affairs and Faculty Development/College Provost and Dr. Billie Gabbard, Dean of Nursing and Health Programs, as well as provosts and faculty in an effort to identify programmatic funding needs and establish priorities relative to the alignment of donor gift agreements and the needs of the nursing program, specifically in respect to the $2.2 million dollars received from the Skarupa Trust.